[cisco-voip] Digital Networking CUC 7.1 and systemwide PDLs reachablity

Pat Hayes pat-cv at wcyv.com
Thu May 27 23:17:26 EDT 2010

Yes, in a directory handler if the scope is set to something that
includes users on another server, those users will always be returned.
Digital networking really only replicates directory information and
messages, there's no real time monitoring, so the server wouldn't know
that the other server was offline or unavailable.

Normally, when you try to transfer to a user on a remote server, UC
initiates a cross-server transfer, so the call is actually first
transferred to the remote server and is then transfered from there
(because the transfer rules are not replicated, so they are only known
on the user's home server). There is, however, a field on each user
page called "Cross-Server Transfer Extension", it should do what you
want. Here is the description from the help file:

"Enter the extension to release transfer calls to if a caller on
another Cisco Unity Connection server attempts to transfer to the user
but the cross-server transfer attempt is unsuccessful. The extension
you enter here is also used to release transfer the call if
cross-server transfer is not configured for the home Cisco Unity
Connection server of the user on the originating server.

Note : If the cross-server transfer attempt succeeds, this field is
not used, and the home server of the user handles the call according
to the active call transfer rule configured for the user."