[cisco-voip] Outbound Dial Peer Preference Reliability

Jim Reed jreed at swiftnews.com
Wed May 26 12:49:08 EDT 2010

How religiously does the Cisco IOS follow outbound dial-peer preference
configuration?  I have two (2) PRIs -- one (1) to be the preferred PRI for
outbound calls and the other to be the preferred PRI for inbound calls.
However, in the unlikely event that all twenty-three (23) channels of the
outbound PRI are in use, it is my intent to configure duplicate voice dial
peers for the other PRI and set the preference at 1 on those voice dial
peers.  By default, the main inbound PRI preference will be 0.  Just
wondering how religiously the IOS follows those preference settings.

Thank You...
--
Jim Reed
Manager of Technical Services