[cisco-voip] international calling ... preemption

Kevin Damisch kevin.damisch at vitalsite.com
Thu May 27 12:54:58 EDT 2010

Jonathan,

>From this link:
http://www.cisco.com/en/US/tech/tk801/tk379/technologies_tech_note09186a008012e95f.shtml

88

Preemption

Your call is blocked. Calls are sometimes blocked if another call has a higher priority than your call. This situation is common with voice calls. Wait and call again later.
If you use a PBX (or the remote site to which you connect uses a PBX), check the configuration of the PBX. If the condition persists, contact your telco.

Another place to check, even though it was on an Avaya (sorry for the profanity):
http://www.tek-tips.com/viewthread.cfm?qid=1585433&page=1

I haven't seen this before, but it is at least a start for you.  Try to strip the 011 in front of the dialed number or verify with the carrier any restrictions or requirements they have for international calls.

Thanks,
Kevin