[cisco-voip] COR sanity/best practice check..

Ed Leatherman ealeatherman at gmail.com
Mon Nov 1 11:45:02 EDT 2010

This is (probably) a very basic CME question but I am curious if I'm
pursuing it in the right manner or if there is a smarter way.

I have a CME (4.1) install at a branch office. It's 1 department and
no call restriction really is needed, so no COR or anything going on.
normal POTS lines to PSTN with a CUE AA.

Now they are moving in a 2nd department that is to be using a
different set of PSTN lines, so that the 2 groups don't impact each
others PSTN calling capacity inbound or outbound. They want to be
logically separated with regards to voice/data.

I'm guessing COR is the way to go here but i've not set it up before.
My initial thoughts are to set up a COR for the existing department
and configure their existing ephone-dn's and dialpeers for that, and
then a second COR for the new group, and just make a duplicate
dialplan basically for that group. I suspect I might need some nuances
in there so that they can call each other and CUE internally also. Am
I headed down the right path here?

If an outbound dial-peer has no cor-lists setup for it, can any
ephone-dn or inbound dial-peer regardless of COR? or must all
dial-peers have a COR lists configured once I start this? I'm thinking
for 911 and voip dial-peers I want anyone to have the capability to
call, maybe I don't have to add any additional complexity for these.

Thanks in advance!

--
Ed Leatherman