[cisco-voip] International Dialling

Johnny.Crothers at datacraft.co.nz Johnny.Crothers at datacraft.co.nz
Sun Nov 7 18:47:24 EST 2010

Hi All,

I have a customer who has global gateways and wants to ensure that every
phone (Restricted or Unrestricted) can dial local numbers out the local
gateway. For example, if you are in New Zealand and have a gateway in
Los Angeles, from a restricted phone I can dial a local to LA number,
i.e  1 001 213 232 6XXX where 1 (Access Code) 00 (International Code) 1
(USA country Code) 213 (LAX Area Code) 232 6XXX (Subscriber). But if I
try and dial any other USA number for example, 1001 323 232 6XXX the
number is blocked.

If you are an unrestricted phone you can dial all mentioned above, so
all calls to a country exit a country specific gateway.

So the unrestricted phone is fine, its just the restricted phone I'm
having trouble when using the Line/Device approach.

Anyone got any idea's? I've looked into using the [^213] for blocking
national calls, however its not accomplishing what I'm after.

I can change to the conventional method, however it's a design change
late in the piece so have configured everything already!

Thanks everyone!

Cheers,

Johnny

http://www.datacraft-asia.com/disclaimer