[cisco-voip] International Dialling

Johnny.Crothers at datacraft.co.nz Johnny.Crothers at datacraft.co.nz
Sun Nov 7 21:19:49 EST 2010

Hi Cristobal,

Yeah, I'm using the Route Filters as per the Line/Device approach where
I'm allowing access to things on the device level and blocking on the
line, however the problem is with this approach, is you cant exclude
things(Not including exclusions) from the route filters, only match on.

So if I have a restricted phone, I can restrict International dialling
by creating a Route Filter matching an international access code,
however a problem arises when I want to allow access to certain
countries with certain area codes, due to the fact I have a gateway in
that country, but as I'm matching on the international access its
matching all. I can  exclude the country by changing the international
filter to have country-code == [2-9] allowing the country code 1 (US)
but then how to I go about allowing only LA area codes through in a
blocking sense.

I'm as of now going down the conventional approach where blocking isn't
used, just permitting..

Thanks for replying!

Kind Regards,

Johnny