[cisco-voip] Any Informacast Users? with MPLS?

Ian J. Pitts ipitts at Syn-Apps.com
Tue Nov 9 11:04:33 EST 2010

Jeff,
The problem you have is related to multicast. Normally MPLS does not natively support multicast traffic. You will need to setup GRE tunnels to encapsulate the traffic over the MPLS network. This essentially turns your new MPLS network back into a hub and spoke network as it relates to multicast.

Cisco document that explains the configuration can be found here.
http://www.cisco.com/en/US/tech/tk828/technologies_configuration_example09186a00801a5aa2.shtml

You can also look at other solutions in the market that do not require multicast over the MPLS network.  Since the puck mailing list is not a sales tool I will refrain from mentioning our notification product.

Ian Pitts
Syn-Apps LLC
Direct IP Phone: 480 355 6829
Cell Phone: 602 312 4773