[cisco-voip] Voice Translation Rule ON CME

Jawad A Hai ahjawad at hotmail.com
Tue Nov 9 11:31:25 EST 2010

Hello,

I have a CME on 3925, I have below situation.
I have users with four digit extension like 5xxx and 6xxx.
I need to create a separate dial peer for the users who are having 6xxx extn, ( This group of ext belongs to managers).
I want them to be able to dial use a particular prefix for dialing like 39+Mobile  number.
so any user who has exntesion in 6xxx should be able to dial 39 9849578898.
But I don't want the users of 5xxx to dial this 39+Mobile number.
I have created below

voice translation-rule 58
 rule 1 reject /^5/

voice translation-profile ManagerMbile
 translate called 58

dial-peer voice 5800 voip
 description  Manager Mobile calls
 destination-pattern 39..........
 translation-profile outgoing ManagerMbile
 session target ipv4:10.5.3.78
 dtmf-relay h245-alphanumeric
 codec g711alaw

The idea of above is to reject any number that starts with 5 going with dial peer 5800 using 39 prefix?

However the above is not working.
Is my understanding of translation rule is fine or am messing/missing something??
Please advise.

Aali