[cisco-voip] redundancy

Scott Voll svoll.voip at gmail.com
Tue Nov 9 18:27:46 EST 2010

So i'm trying to understand how to build some redundancy into our Voice /
Data network.

We have MAN (ethernet) between our sites.  Now we would like to add a backup
MPLS t1 or t1s to each site.

>From a routing side, you weight the links to prefer the MAN over the MPLS.

How do you work the Voice side.

Locations / Regions / Bandwidth --CAC is setup for the MAN.

What happens to the Voice when you have an issue and go to the backup MPLS
networks?  you manually setup the CAC to a lower bandwidth?  Is there
something new that I have not read about yet that takes care of this issue?
 Something on the router that notifies the CM to change?  new way of doing
QoS that I don't know about?

TIA

Scott