[cisco-voip] Line appearance

Sandy Lee Sandy.Lee at dti.ulaval.ca
Wed Nov 10 14:59:11 EST 2010

Hi all,

We have users who are used to have a line status about the boss. If he's on the line, the line button is red. Simple. When we migrate those people to IP, they can't do that anymore. The problem is that if a call comes in to the boss, but at the same time the employee goes off hook to place a call, she gets the boss's call. Then the boss isn't happy. Sometimes we need the employee to answer the calls for the boss and sometimes we need it to know only if the boss is on the line or not. This was very easy on our legacy pbx.

I thought that the BLF was going to help me out, but I don't have all that presence stuff enabled. Then I saw a thread about an Auto Call Select parameter on the phone but can't find it in UCM 7.1(5). Or another one about an Auto Call Pickup. Does it really have to be that complicated to just have a line appearance?

Does anyone have a similar issue?

Thanks and regards.

Sandy.