[cisco-voip] Home cable telephony or VoIP vs our IP telephony

Lelio Fulgenzi lelio at uoguelph.ca
Wed Nov 17 11:31:05 EST 2010

Hi Sandy,

This problem plagues us from time to time and then goes away. I got some "insider" information once which which made sense, although I can't confirm it. The person essentially said there is a bug out there that has to deal with in/out-of band DTMF and the central office switches need to be patched and many of them are not. When users have a VOIP solution and/or sometimes use a third party LD provider, they may be routed across a switch without this patch.

If you have a gateway that you can turn on debugging on, the best you can do is prove to your client/service owner that you are simply not seeing the DTMF. Or, in the case where it is a problem with your setup, that you _are_ seeing the DTMF and it is not being handled properly.

Lelio

---
Lelio Fulgenzi, B.A.
(519) 824-4120 x56354 (519) 767-1060 FAX (JNHN)
Cooking with unix is easy. You just sed it and forget it.
- LFJ (with apologies to Mr. Popeil)