[cisco-voip] Question about using Forced Activation Codes or Client Matter codes on internal calls

Peter Slow peter.slow at gmail.com
Thu Nov 18 14:25:46 EST 2010

the thing about FACs is that the codes that are entered can't be seen
in the called numbers history or display on phones.
CDR records are good enough to let you know what device made the call,
and if you wanted you could do something like  use EM to make a person
enter their user/pin before being able to dial to a particular place
from a phone. the other possiblity is writing some sort of IPCC
script. I can imagine a couple ways you might be able to use that to
authenticate people before allowing them to be transferred to a
particular paging destination.

what is physical access to the phones in your network like? does the
paging need to be able to take place from _any_ phone, or just a
handful?

-Pete