[cisco-voip] UCCX Scripting Question

Anthony Holloway avholloway+cisco-voip at gmail.com
Sat Oct 2 14:46:27 EDT 2010

Briann,

Skills Based Routing:
I don't see any config for this setup.  You manage your CSQs and Skills in
AppAdmin not in the script.  So where you are setting
Service_Desk_Skill_Based_Routing to an integer, I'm not sure what that is
doing for you.  I see you are setting Enterprise Data after each Set Step,
so maybe you are just using that for informational purposes only.

Your CSQ variable, CSQ_SD_Inbound, should hold the name of the CSQ which you
configured in AppAdmin.  If you wanted to route to different ordered groups
of individuals, you would need 1 CSQ for every unique group.  Then, just as
how you are setting the values within each menu output branch, you would set
the value for CSQ_SD_Inbound to the appropriate CSQ.

Here are some example CSQs you may want to configure:
SD_Safeboot_CSQ (Most Skilled)
  Service_Desk_Skill (Competency = 2)
  Safeboot_Skill (Competency = 5)

SD_VPN_CSQ (Most Skilled)
  Service_Desk_Skill (Competency = 2)
  VPN_Skill (Competency = 5)

SD_Acct_Assist_CSQ (Least Skilled)
  Service_Desk_Skill (Competency = 2)
  Account_Assistance_Skill (Competency = 2)

To further explain, when a caller presses Option 2 for VPN Help and Support,
you would use a Set Step to set CSQ_SD_Inbound = "SD_VPN_CSQ", which would
route the caller to your VPN skilled Agents, starting with the highest skill
first.

IVR Script:
Here are just a couple of notes on your script.

You should check the LoggedInAgentsInboundCSQ metric as close to needing to
know that metric as possible.  What happens when a caller calls in and you
have 4 logged in Agents, but because it's now taken the caller 20 second to
make a menu selection (Timeouts, Unsuccessful, etc.), all 4 of your Agents
have logged out, and you now have a caller sitting in queue, with not a
single potential Agent to handle that caller.

I can't see what you are setting inside of your Set Enterprise Call Info
steps, but I cannot imagine you need one inside of each menu option.  As it
stands right now, you could move one single Set Enterprise step to just
after the label CSQ_SD_Inbound, and it will write whatever data is currently
held in your variables.

I cannot see inside of your call redirect step, but do make sure you are
marking the call as handled in the success branch.  You do this with the Set
Contact Info Step.

At a minimum you should handle the ContactInactiveException event in your
script and have it goto a label called End, or End of Script, or whatever
you prefer.  The important thing is, this label should be just above, or on
the End step at the bottom, so that all that happens when a caller hangs up,
and your script proceeds to throw an exception, is end cleanly.  You do this
with the On Exception Goto Step.

I don't see what happens when the caller calls in after hours, but I am
assuming you are handling that in the Day of Week output branches.

Anthony