[cisco-voip] Unity 7 failover issues

Pat Hayes pat-cv at wcyv.com
Tue Oct 5 13:55:02 EDT 2010

Sounds like you have two different problems.

For the failovers, look at the application event log on the secondary
server. Every time there is a failover the reason for it will be
logged there. Typical reasons include losing connectivity to the
primary Unity server and calls being presented/forwarded to the
secondary server. If this has had problems since day one, take an
extra careful look at your port and line group configuration. Also
ensure that no CSS can reach the secondary's ports directly.

For EMS, since the problems began does it work at all? Has the system
been rebooted at all since then? Are you running the latest version
from CiscoUnityTools.com (1.3.13)? If it only fails some of the time,
you might want to check the EMS log file to see if it is reporting any
connectivity or similar problems.

-Pat