[cisco-voip] Unified Communications Virtualization Supported Applications

VoIP Guy ciscovoiper1 at gmail.com
Tue Oct 5 17:50:03 EDT 2010

Hi VoIP List,

I have a question regarding something I read in the doc wiki about
virtualisation of UC.

It says here:

http://docwiki.cisco.com/wiki/Unified_Communications_Virtualization_Supported_Applications

... that "UCCX is supported in Reference Configuration 2, but only a single
VM can be run. Co-residency is not supported at this time" so does that
mean, on the C-210 M1 reference configuration (RC) 2, that on the whole
server, I can only run one virtual machine, and that is UCCX, with no other
applications to be installed? Seems draconian to me but wanted to verify my
understanding of this in case I missed a crucial cog somewhere is not
unheard of. :)

Also, if you have several CUCM VMs installed on the C-210 M1 RC2, can you
run VLANs off the VNICs so for example, CUCM VM 1 would be in VLAN 10 and
CUCM VM 20 would be in VLAN 2 for argument's sake with a corresponding trunk
port on the connecting switch which will trunk VLAN 10 and VLAN 20?

Thank you in advance for any insight. :)