[cisco-voip] CDR and billing questions

sashank sasanka.pathi at Locuz.com
Wed Oct 6 00:49:02 EDT 2010

What happens if the c alls are transferred to auto attendant on unity
connection. A call comes from outside and the welcome prompt comes up and if
the user will dial an internal extension the call will be routed to the
extension. Here is the thing, when you see the CDR's fpr incoming calls, the
it shows that all the incoming calls are routed to the auto attendant pilot
number, even if they dial the internal extension. So I don't think that any
work around is there for this.

Warm Regards,

Venkata Sasanka.pathi(-91 950 265 2290)

Consultant | unified communications

Locuz Enterprise Solutions Ltd. (A Subsidiary of 3i-Infotech)

(office:914066115656)

  <mailto:sasanka.pathi at locuz.com> sasanka.pathi at locuz.com

 <http://www.locuz.com> www.locuz.com

From: cisco-voip-bounces at puck.nether.net
[mailto:cisco-voip-bounces at puck.nether.net] On Behalf Of Ryan Ratliff
Sent: Tuesday, October 05, 2010 8:05 PM
To: Lelio Fulgenzi
Cc: cisco-voip at puck.nether.net
Subject: Re: [cisco-voip] CDR and billing questions

The information is all there in the CDR records it's up to the 3rd party to
use it.

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/voice_ip_comm/cucm/service/8_0_2/cdrdef/cdre
x.html#wp1245778

-Ryan

On Oct 5, 2010, at 10:01 AM, Lelio Fulgenzi wrote:

I would be interested in hearing about this as well.

I also believe that transfers to internal parties behave the same way.

For example: Extension A calls an offnet long distance number then transfers
to extension B after 1 minute.

In this case, your CDR will only show a 1 minute LD call from extension A. I
_think_ the CDR will show the transfer as a call from the LD number to
extension B which doesn't show up as a billable call.

I believe some CDR processing companies can catch this by using the call leg
identifiers, but it's not easy.

---
Lelio Fulgenzi, B.A.
(519) 824-4120 x56354 (519) 767-1060 FAX (JNHN)
Cooking with unix is easy. You just sed it and forget it.
                              - LFJ (with apologies to Mr. Popeil)

  _____