[cisco-voip] Calls drop -- Think it's IP Communicator

Scott Voll svoll.voip at gmail.com
Tue Oct 12 13:36:23 EDT 2010

Follow up for Google searches:

1. Configure the gateway for static payload type using the following
commands

on the gateway:

mgcp behavior g729-variants static-pt

mgcp behavior dynamically-change-codec-pt disable

2. in CUCM, disable the parameter: "Strip G.729 Annex B (Silence

Suppression) from Capabilities".

no MGCP

MGCP

This has fixed most of the dropped calls,  Now we are upgrading our IP
Communicator clients to 7.0.5 to hopefully fix the last few issues.  we
currently have 2.x and 7.02 installed now.

Will try to update when I have more.

Scott