[cisco-voip] Nortel Phone on CallManager

Rayan Gandhi rpg1018 at njit.edu
Wed Oct 13 10:45:14 EDT 2010

 Hi,

I have CCM 7.1 running in a lab and testing the in house phone, a Nortel
1140 and 1120, connected to it with a SIP firmware.  Functionally, the phone
seems fine but I running into an issue with an active call dropping just
under 2 mins.  What is causing the call to drop is the phone going through a
process of re-logging in the user and checking the license on CCM.  I
suspected that it was related to the phone itself and the need to have a
token (License for the phone) but according to the vendor, the eval license
does not effect the ability to have a call at length, only the amount of
days the phone can be used. The version of the SIP firmware I am using is
3.2

Has anyone successfully connected a nortel IP phone to ccm and had this
issue?  how was it resolved?  Is there something else I am missing that
could be causing this?

Thanks.