[cisco-voip] SNR and callerID

Ahmed Elnagar ahmed_elnagar at rayacorp.com
Fri Oct 15 14:19:42 EDT 2010

I have a workaround but a little complicated and requires SNR users not
to be so many of them or it will be a configuration nightmare:

Configure a route pattern for each RD that matches specifically on
it...say the RD is 1234567 then configure RP with 9.123456 provided that
9 is your access code.

Place this route pattern in a partition "say called SNR".

Configure a CSS called SNR  and place only the SNR partition in it.

In that route pattern configure the calling party transformation to send
the correct digits to your provider to show the RD as the calling number
"depends how your provider accepts digits, full number or last two
digits last three...etc"

Assign the RDP "Rerouting CSS" to be SNR

Thus each one calls an extension that has a RD assigned to, it will
route the call through this route pattern and will show the DID for that
extension.

Note: this behavior is not really nice as when an inside extension that
has a valid DID will not show the caller ID and hence the called party
will not know who is calling him/her.

My customer in addition to all that asked me to configure when external
calls come to Desk phone to show on mobile phone as if DESK phone is
calling him but when an internal user calls with his desk phone to show
the user calling DID, which I couldn't achieve J...my setup was for 20
users so it was not that bad to configure 20 RP for them but if for
large environment of course it won't be scalable.

Sorry for the long answer!

 Best Regards;

  Ahmed Elnagar

  Senior Network PS Engineer