[cisco-voip] CISCO UC 8.X solution over MS OCS/Lync 2010. Why?

JA Colmenares sforcejr at yahoo.com
Sun Oct 17 07:12:13 EDT 2010

If you were asked why choosing CUC 8.X over OCS/Lync 2010 when the costs of setup and licensing for the MIcrosoft solution are much cheaper?. Please take my word about being cheaper due to particular circumstances in our company. What would your reply be? , I need help justifying the CISCO option. I read this document: http://www.cisco.com/en/US/solutions/collateral/ns151/C11-604516-00_Evaluating_UC_Solutions_WP.pdf I need a more objective and unbiased resource. If you believe you can still take a "jab" on the cost aspect, elaborate on it. But I am looking more on the benefits and robustness of the solution. A Hybrid solution is not an option. Either all CISCO or all Microsoft. Not even CISCO partners in my area have been able to provide solid answers to this question. Thanks John