[cisco-voip] CISCO UC 8.X solution over MS OCS/Lync 2010. Why?

Andrew Dorsett vtadorsett at gmail.com
Mon Oct 18 18:01:22 EDT 2010

You didn't specify if you were a multi-site operation or not.  But have you
considered QoS, CAC, and perhaps RSVP when integrating with existing room
based VTC?  Do you have a requirement for VTC?  I would ask Microsoft about
their support for multiple codecs and how they handle integrating to a
traditional TDM provider.  What about e911?  How do you handle a situation
where an entire office is Lync clients and the power goes out, what about
911 functionality?  Or how about the cleaning crew at night...What if one of
them has a heart attack, where's the physical phone to dial 911 since they
don't have a laptop/desktop?  Don't get me wrong, I'm all for soft-clients
in the right environment, but there are still requirements for hard-phones
that are often overlooked until someone is running around looking for the
medics...

Andrew