[cisco-voip] E1/T1 CAS Trunk group issue

Chris Osborne (US) chris.osborne at us.didata.com
Tue Oct 19 14:03:03 EDT 2010

Has anyone run into placing two T1/E1 CAS circuits into a trunk group on a cisco router and the trunk group not function properly when the T1/E1 is completely down ?

I'm noticing even if the circuit is disconnected physically from the router the trunk group still thinks the circuit up and routes the call over to it. I have  a TAC case open but they are still working on it. I've never seen this with a ISDN PRI trunk group.

Config

trunk group PSTN

interface Serial0/0/1:15
 description TELEMAX Circuit ID: TKS -1005-1041
 no ip address
 encapsulation hdlc
 no ip mroute-cache
no  shutdown
 isdn switch-type primary-ni
 isdn incoming-voice voice
 isdn map address ^001 plan isdn type unknown
 no cdp enable
 trunk-group PSTN
!              !
interface Serial0/1/1:15
 description TELEMAX Circuit ID: TKS -1005-1040
 no ip address
 encapsulation hdlc
 no ip mroute-cache
 isdn switch-type primary-ni
 isdn incoming-voice voice
 isdn map address ^001 plan isdn type unknown
 no cdp enable
 trunk-group PSTN

dial-peer voice 1 pots
 description Outgoing PSTN calls