[cisco-voip] CISCO UC 8.X solution over MS OCS/Lync 2010. Why?

Nick Matthews matthnick at gmail.com
Tue Oct 19 16:16:11 EDT 2010

I'm just talking about how adaptive codecs can be a bad thing in an
enterprise LAN environment.  Things like Skype and MOC can take advantage of
extra internet bandwidth with adaptive codecs, but when they go over a
shared WAN pipe it's potentially very bad.  Maybe they can change the codec
on the client for when they're on the LAN, I'm not sure.  It's more of a
statement about adaptive codecs than it is about any one client.

-nick