[cisco-voip] Single Number Reach, CallerID and Avaya

Christopher Trown ctrown at uoregon.edu
Fri Oct 22 19:43:32 EDT 2010

     Greetings.

     I hope this description makes some sense.  The DIDs have been
changed to protect the guilty.  ;)

System description:

CUCM 7.1.3 with a 2921 as a MGCP gatekeeper

Avaya CM running CM 5.2.1 SP#4

The two systems are interconnected using a QSIG trunk.

All PSTN trunks are connected to the Avaya.  The University has two DID
blocks.  We'll call them 213666XXXX and 213777[0-2]XXX.  I've allocated
21377727XX to CUCM.

Stations on the Avaya system can call stations on the Cisco system and
vice-versa using 5-digit extensions.  I have both systems exchanging
5-digit extensions to make inter-system calls.  Off-net calls work as
well.  I have CUCM prefixing 21377 via a Calling Party Transform before
submitting the call to the trunk for off-net calls.  I do this at the
Route Pattern for off-net calls.

I've been looking at Single Number Reach and it seems to mostly work.
However, when a call from an Avaya station calls a station on CUCM, the
resulting Calling Party number is incorrect.  For example, if a call is
made from Avaya station 61234 to a CUCM station, the Calling Party
number that gets displayed on the cell phone is 213-776-1010, rather
than 213-666-1234.  Recall that I am inserting 21377 on off-net calls.

Is there a way to alter this behavior on the Cisco?  Anyone have any
suggestions as to where to look for a solution?

     Thanks!

Chris...