[cisco-voip] on demand recording

Go0se me at go0se.com
Thu Sep 2 15:05:09 EDT 2010

Long story. we have a client that hired a 3rd party contractor to implement
a VoIP recording system that utilizes a sip trunk connected to a recording
server. This system uses the BIB in the phone to initiate a conference to
the sip trunk. If you configure the RECORDING OPTION setting on the line of
a phone to AUTOMATIC CALL RECORDING ENABLED it works perfectly and records
everything.

My question is this: if you configure it for APPLICATION INVOKED CALL
RECORDING ENABLED (on demand) is there a service or softkey (I can't find
one) that you can assign to the phone to invoke the recording profile
assigned to the line to initiate the on demand conference bridge to the sip
trunk? The 3rd party has no documentation for the Cisco side and I don't
find any documentation giving me good direction.

As always your time is appreciated.

Thanks,

Go0se

My blog: