[cisco-voip] fax configuration

Tseveendorj Ochirlantuu tseveendorj at gmail.com
Thu Sep 2 20:43:56 EDT 2010

Dear Sir/Madam,

My question is very elementary for someone who has good knowledge about it.
I have Cisco AS5350XM gateway with (Cisco IOS Software, 5350 Software
(C5350-IS-M), Version 12.4(20)T1, RELEASE SOFTWARE (fc3)) software. I'm
trying to configure fax on our gateway like follow call flow.

Fax machine -----> Partner's gateway ----> Our gateway AS5350XM  ------>
PSTN ------> Fax machine

I think T.38 fax protocol used between Partner's gateway and Our gateway
AS5350XM. T.30 fax protocol used between two fax machines. How to configure
fax passing through over AS5350XM gateway ?

Thank you for help.

Best regards,
Tseveen