[cisco-voip] DMA 7.1.5 from 4.2 -- Warning Log

Wes Sisk wsisk at cisco.com
Tue Sep 7 13:32:41 EDT 2010

Scott,

"DeviceProfile=001c58a316c2 for user=XXXXX not found in the database."
When migrated into informix the device(fkdevice) will not be found so
the association will not be imported.  The import will auto-magically
clean up these.  If you're pining to do some data mainteance you can use
'dumpall' in 4.x to dump DCD contents, compare devices to complete
device list from your system, and delete any devices which do not
exist.  However, the import process on 7.1 will accomplish the same.

"The Phone Template model and protocol do not match the device model and
protocol"
I'm not sure how DMA import handles this one. It is likely better
cleaned up before upgrade.    Identify the devices and the associated
templates.  For some reason I thought this error had ties to BAT and BAT
templates.  CSC discussion suggests similar:
https://supportforums.cisco.com/message/1124667.  For these you can
manually track down the offensive bits and correct them or just delete
and recreate the device.

/Wes