[cisco-voip] Cisco Emergency Responder on third-party switches

Wilusz, Mike mikewilusz at pricechopper.com
Wed Sep 8 13:14:34 EDT 2010

John,

We have an active deployment of CER with Juniper EX switches.  These switches support LLDP as well.  The only supported ERL mapping is via subnets.  In our building, we have 6 floors.  We divided each floor in half and gave it it's own voice subnet.  Therefore we have a total of 12 ERLs and this seems to work well, though not nearly as integrated as the Cisco switch/CDP router.

Mike Wilusz, CCNA
Telecommunications & Networking Supervisor
Price Chopper Supermarkets / The Golub Corporation