[cisco-voip] UCON DRS Issues

Erick B. erickbee at gmail.com
Wed Sep 8 21:12:44 EDT 2010

I have a client where the MESSAGES is a little over 2 gig and the DRS
fails on the MESSAGES portion 50% of the time it seems. Tried every
SFTP Server (even ones on supported list, Titan, etc) and it still
fails. Client isn't happy the DRS doesn't work reliably with UCON but
their CUCM backup works fine and UCON works fine if we unselect the
messages from being backed up. TAC solution was for us to use COBRAS
on a schedule which really isn't a permament fix so what were doing
now, is there are 2 jobs configured. One to run every other day to do
backup without messages, and one once a week with messages that we do
manual backup for if it fails.

I think Cisco needs to improve the DRS SFTP function. Maybe split up
the UCON MESSAGES backup into multiple files with a filesize of under
a gig each so the large file transfer issue isn't encountered.

When it failed, it would always stop at 40% then sit for awhile then
fail... we did sniffer captures, SFTP to different machines, etc and
nothing really made sense why it failed sometimes. It would always
fail just over 1 gig when it failed.