[cisco-voip] 7942/7962 SIP vs SCCP Load (Feature Support by Protocol)

Scott Voll svoll.voip at gmail.com
Thu Sep 9 12:35:16 EDT 2010

Wow.  if Video and CAC / FAC are not an issue in your Enviroment, It looks
like it could be very easy to move to a SIP based phone.

Now my question is are people moving to it just because it's "SIP"  Which is
an "OPEN" protocol.  or is there some other reason for moving that
direction?

Is cisco road maping, getting rid of SCCP some time down the road?  So we
really be looking at moving from SCCP to SIP sometime in the next couple
years?

Scott