[cisco-voip] Overhead paging through Dukane amplifiers

Kevin Damisch kevin.damisch at vitalsite.com
Fri Sep 10 12:08:56 EDT 2010

Customer has an Avaya PBX with 9 AUX ports wired to a few racks full of Dukane amplifiers for the overhead speakers.  They also have a Valcom V2000A single zone unit for an all call zone, which is connected to a CO trunk port on the Avaya PBX.  So, they have a total of 10 zones, the all call and the 9 individual zones.

We are migrating them over to CUCM 8.x and am looking for a method of allowing them to have at least 30 separate zones that can be accessed simultaneously, which is going to require 30 separate talk paths between Cisco and the Dukane units.  All call zone would still override everything though.  I know this could easily be done with a bunch of Valcom units and FXO ports, but I was curious if this could be done in any way with VG224 ports with each port being dedicated per zone and going directly to the Dukane amps without a page adapter such as a Valcom v9970.

Example of VG224 ports:
Port 1 - x1001 - zone 1
Port 2 - x1002 - zone 2
Port 3 - x1003 - zone 3
Port 4 - x1004 - zone 4
and so on and so on for the rest of the VG224 ports.  When I dial 1003 for example, it should page zone 3.

Thoughts?  Suggestions?

Thanks,
Kevin

This communication (including any attachments) is intended only for the use of the individual or entity to which it is addressed, and may contain information that is privileged, confidential and exempt from disclosure under applicable law. If you are not the intended recipient, any dissemination, distribution or copying of this communication is strictly prohibited. If you have received this communication in error, please notify Vital Support Systems at 515 334 5700 and delete or destroy all copies and the original document.