[cisco-voip] UCCx RM user Max Associations?

Tim Smith smithsonianwa at gmail.com
Thu Sep 16 19:35:24 EDT 2010

Hi Guys,

When you do an ARC design, ARC suggests that the Cisco recommended
limit is 2,500 CTI devices per server. (Not sure if it varies by
platform).
So if you had other CTI applications monitoring devices, this may
cause you an issue.

I agree with Anthony; It's a great idea to add a flag to your
description so you can easily identify them.

Cheers,

Tim.

On Fri, Sep 17, 2010 at 7:14 AM, Tanner Ezell <tanner.ezell at gmail.com> wrote:
> I don't recall ever seeing a limit to the associations. (It's a tiny
> record in the database anyway). While UCCX may only support 300
> agents, those 300 agents could potentially log in to any phone in the
> cluster via extension mobility and take acd calls.
>
> You could raise an issue with TAC to get a definite answer but I have
> seen more than 2000 devices being associated to a application user in
> the past. I don't think you'll have any problems.
>
> On Thu, Sep 16, 2010 at 1:24 PM, Anthony Holloway
> <avholloway+cisco-voip at gmail.com> wrote:
>> I wouldn't associate that many.  Go dig through the SRND, I'm sure it says
>> something about this in there.
>> Or if you're too lazy, consider this:  the maximum limit of agents (or
>> phones) on UCCX is 300.
>> Spend the time now, to update the descriptions on your Agent phones to
>> include an identifier e.g., "Agent - Anthony Holloway - 5938".  This way you
>> can add phone associations to the rmcm user by simply saying: description
>> contains agent.
>> Anthony
>>
>> On Tue, Sep 14, 2010 at 4:46 PM, Scott Voll <svoll.voip at gmail.com> wrote:
>>>
>>> we are migrating from UCCx 4 to 7.
>>> My question is can I associate all our Phones 1600+ to the RM user. or
>>> should I take the time and only associate the ~100 needed?
>>> we just thought it could be easier in the long run of everything some
>>> phone needs to be added to just have them all added ahead of time.
>>> I seem to remember there is some kind of a top number you don't want to
>>> exceed.  Does anyone know the number?
>>> Thanks
>>> Scott