[cisco-voip] Calls drop -- Think it's IP Communicator

Scott Voll svoll.voip at gmail.com
Tue Sep 21 18:34:00 EDT 2010

Can't find IP communicator in the bug tool.  So can't check.

has anyone had any issues with dropped calls with ip communicator?

our operators are transferring to our telecommuters and some calls get
dropped (not all).

All soft phone users are G729 and our main sites are G711.  I do not believe
it's a Codec issue, but how would I check to make sure.  Sometimes the call
transfers and some times is does not.

We recently moved from CM 4.2 to 7.1 and IOS 12.4 to 15.0m.

VGWs are mgcp with multiple PRIs.

I noticed they are on mgcp version 0.1 (pre standard)  Should those be
changed to a 1.0 (if so, which one)

I'm not finding much in the CDR's that makes me say..... Oh that's the
issue.

Any help would be great.

Thanks

Scott