[cisco-voip] Cisco MCS vs UCS Servers

James Buchanan jbuchanan at ctiusa.com
Wed Sep 22 09:48:58 EDT 2010

I don't know about the EOL, but these servers have a ton of horsepower.
Go to www.cisco.com/go/uc-virtualized to get more details.

It seems that the best positioning of this is either when you'll have a
significant number of 7835 or 7845 servers. Here's an example. I had a
customer wanting to add Unity Connection for around 5000 users. So, a
7845 would be in order, at $24000 list price. The UCS C-series came in
at $23000 list plus some support stuff and VMWare license which put it
at around $25,000 list. The difference? The C-series could run not just
the Unity Connection but can run UCM as well on that box. It turned out
to be a good deal. Now, eventually they'll buy another C-series for full
redundancy, but when considering the 7845 versus the C-series, the
C-series made more sense.

James Buchanan | Senior Network Engineer | South Region | Presidio
Networked Solutions
12 Cadillac Dr, Suite 130, Brentwood, TN 37027 | jbuchanan at presidio.com
<mailto:jbuchanan at ctiusa.com>
D: 615-866-5729 | F: 615-866-5781 | www.presidio.com