[cisco-voip] DIDs starting with 9 and outside access code 9

Dave Wolgast dwolgas1 at rochester.rr.com
Wed Sep 22 15:05:41 EDT 2010

CUCM 6.1(4)
MGCP 3845 VGWs

I just accepted a DID range 99XX from our local carrier (it was the only
range left in the exchange where we wanted to stay).  Unfortunately, our
outside access prefix is '9'.

I would like to translate the 99XX numbers to 59XX, but am not sure how to
make it happen.  I know I could do it on the gateway if I were using H.323,
but am not sure how to do the translation rules in CUCM.

May I please have some advice on to I should proceed?  If there is a
published example somewhere, let me know and I'll check that out.  I did
some searching on the gossamer threads archive and didn't find anything that
looked useful.

Thanks very much!!!

--
Dave Wolgast