[cisco-voip] Caller ID and Standard Local Route Groups

Justin Steinberg jsteinberg at gmail.com
Wed Sep 22 22:41:28 EDT 2010

Nate is spot on.   Calling Party Transformations applied to the
Gateway/T1/PRI handles this much better than dedicated CSS/PTs and
traditional translation patterns.

That being said, I completely agree with Jason and would find an external
mask line text label useful.  While we're at it, lets add an internal mask
as well.  It would be much easier to maintain this on the DN page than to
resort to using transformations - which aren't as flexible because they will
apply to all instances of the DN, where a setting on the line appearance
page would allow flexibility between shared line appearances.