[cisco-voip] Use of AAR in UCCX environment

george.hendrix at l-3com.com george.hendrix at l-3com.com
Fri Sep 24 13:15:46 EDT 2010

I think in the scenario, you have to assume the agent at least has network connectivity to the UCCX/CUCM servers.  Otherwise, they cannot be in a ready status.  Also, if you are going to use AAR, I would assume you have a PSTN gateway at the remote site, otherwise where would you reroute to?  Also, as Jason said, if the agents don’t have DID, you would at least have to have available DIDs (1 per agent on the remote gateway) that you could translate the agent’s ext in AAR and use translations again inbound at the remote site  to route to the agent via the PSTN.

If you have a remote gateway and available DID’s, AAR should work (with digit manipulation).  To my understanding, AAR is strictly a CUCM function.  CCX is simply calling the agent via CUCM.  I don’t think CCX cares about how the call gets to the agent.

I think it is definitely worth testing out.