[cisco-voip] Unity Connection User template sorting

Anthony Holloway avholloway+cisco-voip at gmail.com
Wed Sep 29 01:16:09 EDT 2010

Ah, I see.  I also see that if I had switched the User Type drop down to
"User Without Mailbox," I would have seen an unsorted list there as well.

I'm guessing most people use firefox to administer CUCM and CUC, so I wrote
a userscript to sort the two lists.  Feedback is welcomed!

Save as filename.user.js, then open with firefox (greasemonkey add-on
required):

// ==UserScript==
// @name           Unity Connection User Template Sorter
// @namespace      http://www.avholloway.com
// @include        https://*/cuadmin/user.do?op=newUser&isSubscriber=false
// @include        https://*/cuadmin/ccm-import.do?op=search
// ==/UserScript==

(function() {
// Get the selection object, return if undefined or has < 2 items
var selection = document.getElementById('templateObjectId');
if (! selection || selection.options.length < 2)
return;
 // Create two arrays to store name/value in
var sorted_names = [], sorted_values = [];
 // Iterate over the selection items, storing the names in our array
for (var i = 0, j = selection.options.length; i < j; i++)
sorted_names.push(selection.options[i].text);
 // Sort the names alphabetically, and ignore case
sorted_names.sort(function(a, b) {
a = a.toLowerCase(); b = b.toLowerCase();
if (a > b) return 1;
if (a < b) return -1;
return 0;
});
 // Iterate over the sorted names, locating the option element, and storing
its value
for (var i = 0, j = sorted_names.length; i < j; i++) {
for (var k = 0, l = selection.options.length; k < l; k++) {
if (sorted_names[i] == selection.options[k].text) {
sorted_values.push(selection.options[k].value);
break;
}
}
}
 // Iterate over the selection items, removing each one from the selection
for (;selection.options.length > 0;)
selection.remove(0);
 // Iterate over the sorted name/value arrays, adding them to the selection
for (var i = 0, j = sorted_names.length; i < j; i++) {
var e = document.createElement('option');
e.text = sorted_names[i];
e.value = sorted_values[i];
selection.add(e, null);
}
})();

This was tested on Unity Connection 7.1.5ES7.10000-7, running firefox 3.6.9,
and greasemonkey 0.8.20100408.6.

Anthony