[cisco-voip] Media resources?

Peter Slow peter.slow at gmail.com
Wed Sep 29 14:31:04 EDT 2010

no it's not.

the band-aid i mentioned is the fact that the newer style PVDM2s, and
the SCCP Stack in IOS that handles them, behave (report to cucm at
registration time) as though they are the older dspfarm type.

By default, when you leave off the version keyword in the sccp ccm
config line, IOS assumes 3.x and sends CUCM the device type of the
older version DSPFarm hardware. this allows you to register the new
hardware with an older cucm version that doesn't have support for the
new DSPs. It also allows you to misconfigure both sides in a newer
CUCM deployment, with the result actually being a scenario that
generally is in a working state.

At some point in 12.4T this IOS default behavior was changed, but I
don't remember the specific version.

-Pete

>>> Scott