[cisco-voip] UCCX Licensing

Frank Wakelin Frank_Wakelin at yvr.ca
Fri Apr 8 11:24:37 EDT 2011

Just when I thought my 2 months of fighting with licensing were over...

We've been running UCCX 8.0 for some time now with permanent licenses,
but this morning when we logged in we were receiving a license warning
message:

The license MAC address contained in our license files (9accb978xxxx)
and this WAS the license mac address of the UCCX primary server, but
that appears to have changed.  I wouldn't think that was possible but
this cisco wiki appears to state that it is:
http://docwiki.cisco.com/wiki/Warning:_System_running_on_grace_period_me
ssage_on_admin_login

I logged in to the CLI of both CCX servers, and the original MAC seems
to have changed.

CCX Primary License MAC: 883f1357xxxx (from CLI 'show status')

CCX Secondary License MAC: 3cf75f1exxxx (from CLI 'show status')

I've contacted product support about this already but I was wondering if
anyone else experienced this before.  Why did the license change?  How
many more times can we expect the mac address to change and potentially
cripple our deployment?

Frank Wakelin
Senior Technical Analyst, Information Technology Services

VANCOUVER AIRPORT AUTHORITY

DIRECT: 604.303.4797 |  CELL: 778.839.4693

WEB: WWW.YVR.CA <http://www.yvr.ca/>   |  TWITTER: @YVRAIRPORT