[cisco-voip] CUCM pattern matching logic

Cisco Voip cisco_newbie at yahoo.com
Mon Apr 25 00:38:38 EDT 2011

Hi all.

I am trying to understand call routing logic of cucm.

I created 2 route patterns in cucm 7

2!
2XXX (with urgent priority)

Now  when i dialed 2001, i had to wait 15 seconds. The call wasnt routed as i
expected. I opened up Troubleshooting cisco ip telephony book, and  according to
that, i must calculate the possible results each route  pattern defines.

1) 2! for 2001 = 1000 combinations
2) 2XXX for 2001 = 1000 combinations.

Since they were equal, i can understand why urgent priority didnt work (pls
correct me here if what i understood is wrong !!)\

Now i deleted the above and created 2 new patterns

1) 20!
2) 20XX (urgent priority)

Now when i dialed 2001, my call went immediately. Why is this so ?? if i
calculate the combinations

1) 20! for 2001 = 100 combinations
2) 20XX for 2001 = 100 combinations

So why second route pattern was selected immediately ???