[cisco-voip] CUCM pattern matching logic

Louis Koekemoer (ZA) Louis.Koekemoer at za.didata.com
Mon Apr 25 02:30:36 EDT 2011

   T302 timer
Kind Regards

Louis Koekemoer
louis.koekemoer at za.didata.com
+27716808790
-----Original message-----
From: Cisco Voip
Sent:  25/04/2011, 06:39
To: cisco-voip at puck.nether.net
Subject: [cisco-voip] CUCM pattern matching logic

Hi all.

I am trying to understand call routing logic of cucm.

I created 2 route patterns in cucm 7

2!
2XXX (with urgent priority)

Now when i dialed 2001, i had to wait 15 seconds. The call wasnt routed as i expected. I opened up Troubleshooting cisco ip telephony book, and according to that, i must calculate the possible results each route pattern defines.

1) 2! for 2001 = 1000 combinations
2) 2XXX for 2001 = 1000 combinations.

Since they were equal, i can understand why urgent priority didnt work (pls correct me here if what i understood is wrong !!)\

Now i deleted the above and created 2 new patterns

1) 20!
2) 20XX (urgent priority)

Now when i dialed 2001, my call went immediately. Why is this so ?? if i calculate the combinations

1) 20! for 2001 = 100 combinations
2) 20XX for 2001 = 100 combinations

So why second route pattern was selected immediately ???

"http://www.dimensiondata.com/emaildisclaimer"