[cisco-voip] Change RNA expire response on SIP trunk

Mark Holloway mh at markholloway.com
Wed Apr 27 11:17:45 EDT 2011

SIP 480 is Temporarily Unavailable and SIP 486 is User Busy.

Did they tell you what their RNA timer expiry is?  Were you seeing the call ring for longer than what they say the expiry is set to?  The expiry settings should live in their SIP Registrar platform, not their SBC.  If I'm understanding correctly, a call from Verizon rings into a CUCM phone, user doesn't answer, CUCM/CUBE sends a 480 Temp Unavailable, and Verizon does not take action on that?