[cisco-voip] "Demo" system upgrade from 8.5 -> 8.6

Ed Leatherman ealeatherman at gmail.com
Tue Aug 9 10:23:01 EDT 2011

Good morning,

Just upgraded my lab call manager (running demo license) from 8.5 to 8.6.

After the upgrade and reboot, the pub is now alerting that no feature
license found. Is this a result of running an upgrade on a demo
system, or is the feature license actually different between 8.5 and
8.6? Anyone know?

I'm just running through the various procedures in preparation for
upgrading our production CM and UCCX - want to find out if I can write
this off as trying to update a demo system, or if I need to be
concerned with ordering a upgrade kit/PAK for 8.6 instead of using my
8.5 kit/PAK.

Lab is running on VMWare FWIW.

TIA!

--