[cisco-voip] Odd hunting issue

Robert Singleton rsingleton at morsco.com
Tue Aug 9 16:39:29 EDT 2011

On 08/09/2011 03:28 PM, Ryan Ratliff wrote:
> Time to take a look at that phone.   If you can easily reproduce the
> issue go to the desk with that phone and make some calls using your
> mobile.  If the phone is having hookswitch issues it can easily be
> answering and hanging up without the user even knowing it.

At first blush, I wouldn't think it was switch hook because the
particular telephone affected today is on a vacant desk and pulling the
line out of the hunt group and putting it back, without any physical
intervention on the telephone, has not brought the problem back.

That said, however, I have historically had switch hook problems come up
more often on largely idle phones than on busy ones, so there is
certainly something to be said for that...

Sadly, I would also have to drive 300 miles to get in front of that
phone, but I will still get some kind of testing done by someone who is
there... :)

Robert