[cisco-voip] CUCM 8.5 + Avaya PBX integrated with Unity Connection 8.5

Steve Gustafson smgustafson at gmail.com
Wed Aug 10 14:23:51 EDT 2011

Hello All,
I have a CUCM 8.5 cluster and Avaya PBX integrated with Q.Sig T1s. I have a
Unity Connection 8.5 VM cluster that will initially have all users from
Avaya migrate their voicemail boxes to it prior to going to cisco IP Phones
due to their old Intuity is failing. Do I need dual switch integration or
can I send MWI from Connection through CUCM to the Avaya PBX phones via the
existing QSIG integration between CUCM and Avaya. I'm trying to minimize any
dual switch complexity and splitting VM ports between dual switch
integrations.

Thanks a lot,
Steve