[cisco-voip] "Demo" system upgrade from 8.5 -> 8.6

Ahmed Elnagar ahmed_elnagar at hotmail.com
Fri Aug 12 16:43:09 EDT 2011

You just cannot upgrade with demo license...as Wes said upgrade removes demo
license...this is applicable 8.0 also

Try this...install the same version as your production version, backup your
production CUCM and restore the backup to the lab CUCM...you will find a
fully running CUCM with the same exact DB you have in production on your
test lab...active for one month :)

And you can go ahead and upgrade with the same license and it will exists
with you for one month; it will be a better staging procedures for the
upgrade.

Waiting you to share with us your experience.

Regards,
Ahmed Elnagar | Unified Communication Team Leader | CCIE #24697, Voice