[cisco-voip] Thoughts on Major UCM/UCCX upgrade

Ed Leatherman ealeatherman at gmail.com
Mon Aug 15 16:35:59 EDT 2011

Hi Frank,

1- I'm working on this right now myself. I am on CUCM 7.1.5, UCCX 7.0SR5
2- Hope not :)
3-
I am building separate UCCX as my existing hardware has reached it's
end of life. moving to VMware on UCS C series.

High level procedure right now for me looks like:
- obtain all licensing ahead of time (use answer file gen for the UCCX
license MAC)
- run PUT on UCCX
- Run thru some caveats for CUCM (disable Ext Mobility, make sure last
backup was good, etc)
- Install "ciscocm.refresh_upgrade_v1.0.cop.sgn" on all CUCM nodes
- Upgrade CUCM per instructions (this looks like it will take a long
time to do on 6 nodes)
- Power down UCCX 7 servers
- Install UCCX 8.5 on primary
- Install any SU's on UCCX as necessary (there is currently an SU1 out there)
- Configure primary node, load the PUT file onto it
- Follow post install steps such as JTAPI resync, Desktop Client Config Tool
- Test call centers out make sure everything is relatively sane
- Install the HA server per instructions
- Run UCCX Desktop Client Config Tool one more time to get the HA server.

4-
I wouldn't attempt a major upgrade like that without a support
contract with cisco, in case something blows up in your face. We do
all our upgrades in house, but we do keep our ESW contracts current.

--
Ed Leatherman