[cisco-voip] Are "call blast" groups a good idea?

Drew Weaver drew.weaver at thenap.com
Tue Aug 16 13:08:32 EDT 2011

Hi,

We have an emergency DID phone number that people can call that kind of bypasses all of our auto attendants, etc and goes directly to all of the phones in the office.

I am trying to replicate this functionality in our Cisco phone system.

Is a 'call blast' group the "proper" way to do this?

We have about 6-7 extensions internally that we want to hit and then also two outside phone numbers.

I would appreciate any opinions/advice you have in this regard.

thanks,
-Drew