[cisco-voip] MOH volume control

Gregory Wenzel gwenzel at conres.com
Thu Aug 18 08:06:33 EDT 2011

If it's the cisco default moh then these instructions should help, your email lacks some info. Is your moh a live stream, is it the default moh or is this a recorded g711 ulaw recording.
Sometimes if the volume was extremely high during recording this may not work as well as you think.

Hope this helps

Didn't work for you:
1.Open up the Cisco CallManager Admin web page in Internet Explorer.
2.Select Service > Service Parameters.
3.Select a Cisco CallManager server from the Server drop-down box. The parameter you change affects all Cisco CallManager servers in the cluster, so it does not matter which server you select.
4.Select Cisco MoH Audio Translator on the Service drop-down box.
5.Click Advanced to see all service parameters.
6.The Default MoH volume level is the parameter you can change. The default is -24 and the volume is measured in decibels (dB). You can enter a value in the range of -48 (soft) to 0 (loudest), but the change in volume affects only audio files processed after the change. For example, change to -28 for a softer source, or -20 for a louder source.
The service parameters setting works only for MoH audio files as the audio source. If you use a live feed or USB device as the audio source, you need to complete these steps to reduce the MoH volume.

Have you tried this?
1.Select Start > Settings > Control Panel.
2.Click Sounds and Multimedia.
3.Go to the Audio tab.
4.Under Sound Recording, click Volume to adjust the volume. The changes should take effect immediately after you click OK.

If it's not the default then maybe rerecord it.

Gregory